Butter cookies, often referred to as shortbread cookies, are a beloved classic in the world of baked goods. These delightful treats are known for their rich, buttery flavor and delicate, crumbly texture. The key to making perfect butter cookies lies in the quality of butter used, as well as the balance of ingredients like flour, sugar, and a touch of salt.
200 grams pomade butter (blend at room temperature)
120 grams of sugar
280 grams of wheat flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. In a bowl start by mixing the butter with the sugar. Remember that butter must be at room temperature in order to work well with it. We blend in pretty well.
2. Once mixed, add in the teaspoon of vanilla essence.
3. We continue with the sifted flour. We run the flour through a sinker before putting it into the bowl. We blend in pretty well.
4. Now it’s time to shape them up. The easiest thing is to make a roll as you see below with the help of paper film and put it in the fridge for 1 hour or so. From there on, we’ll be “cutting slices” of more or less 1 cm and baking them.
5. Put them in a cut oven tray and bake them at 180° for about 11-12 minutes. The moment we see the edges starting to gold we take them out. If you see that they are soft don’t leave them anymore because I once made that mistake, when they cool they harden. So don’t worry if you touch one and see it soft