Brownie cookies fuse the soft texture of a brownie with the shape and convenience of a cookie. They combine rich chocolate flavor with a crunchy surface on the outside and a soft center on the inside, creating a delicious experience that combines the best of both worlds. They are an irresistible indulgence for chocolate lovers.
• 115 g semisweet chocolate (you can use dark chocolate too)
• 2 butter spoons
• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1 egg
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup of wheat flour
• 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
• Chopped walnuts (optional)
Before making brownie cookies, make sure you have all the ingredients ready and follow the recipe exactly to achieve a delicious and consistent result.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or small saucepan over low heat, melt the semisweet chocolate and butter together. Stir until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Add the granulated sugar to the chocolate and butter mixture, and mix well.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the mixture and stir until well incorporated.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until you have a smooth dough.
- If you wish, you can add chocolate chips and chopped nuts to the dough and mix gently.
- Using an ice cream scoop or two spoons, place mounds of dough on the baking sheet, leaving enough space between each cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are firm on the edges but still a little soft in the center.
- Once baked, remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Ready! Now you have delicious brownie cookies to enjoy. You can store them in an airtight container to maintain their freshness. Enjoy your brownie cookies!