MAIZENA ALPHAJORS 😋
200g of flour
300g of corn starch
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
150g of sugar Vanilla essence and lemon zest
2 tsp cognac
1 kilo of pastry dulce de leche Required amount of grated coconut
1. Beat the butter with the sugar until it is creamy and much lighter. Add the yolks one by one. Perfume with cognac, zest and essence.
2. Sift the flour and starch. Add little by little mixing. Wrap the dough in film and let it rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
3. Preheat the oven to 160°. Place parchment paper on the plate.
4. Roll out the dough ½ cm thick on a floured countertop and cut circles of the desired diameter. For small, 4 cm. in diameter and for the big ones from 8 to 10 centimeters.
5. Place on plate and cook 8 to 10 minutes. The tapas should be cooked but without browning.
6. Let cool and assemble the alfajores with dulce de leche. Roll them in grated coconut or nuts.