SPONGY COCONUT CAKE 😋
200g coconut milk
250 g of wheat flour
150g white sugar
120 ml light-flavored olive oil
1 packet of baking powder (16 g)
1/2 teaspoon salt
Butter to spread the mold, or baking paper
Powdered sugar and/or shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC for 10 minutes, during which you make the cake dough.
- In a large bowl, place the eggs and sugar, and beat vigorously with a manual or electric whisk until the mixture is white and the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the oil, salt, and coconut milk, and mix well.
- Add the sifted flour and yeast, that is, passing them through a sieve so that they do not fall with lumps or caking. Beat everything again until there are no lumps.
- You can prepare this cake in the classic round mold or a rectangular one used to make sliced bread. So that the cake does not stick, spread a little butter with your own finger along its walls, or line it with baking paper.
- Pour the dough into the mold and place it in the oven at medium height, and bake it at 180º for about 30 minutes. If the chosen mold is rectangular, add 5-10 more minutes of baking, because as the cake is higher, it takes a little longer to bake.
- To find out if it’s ready, do the toothpick test: poke the cake with a toothpick, and if it comes out without sticky remains, it’s ready. If not, leave it a few more minutes.
- Turn off the oven, take out the cake and let it rest for at least 30 minutes before eating, so that its texture and flavor settle.