GENOVES CAKE 😋
160 grams of flour
165 grams of sugar
40 grams of butter
- Sift the flour and reserve. Heat the butter without melting it, until you get a creamy texture.
- Pour the eggs into a large bowl and put it in a larger container with water to make a double boiler. While it is hot, add the sugar and beat with the rods, you can use the electric ones. When the eggs have been assembled, make sure that they are well assembled and that there is no liquid left at the base of the bowl, remove them from the water bath and continue beating until they cool.
- Transfer a small amount of the eggs to another bowl and mix with the butter, pour the flour little by little into the bowl with the eggs, mixing with enveloping movements so that they do not sink down and finally incorporate the part previously removed and mixed with the butter.
- Pour the dough for the Genoese sponge cake into a mold previously greased with butter and sprinkled with flour and bake at 160º C until golden. The time will depend on the thickness that you have given it, we have had it for 20 minutes. Check its cooking by poking with a toothpick.
- Once the Genovese or Genovese cake is ready, let it cool before filling it with the desired ingredients.