JAPANESE CHEESE CAKE 😋
60 g pastry flour
6 egg whites
6 egg yolks
140g icing sugar
1 packet of yeast
250g cream cheese
100 ml of whole milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
a pinch of salt
1. Put the butter in a pan over low heat.
2. Slowly incorporate cream cheese and milk.
3. Integrate without beating hard.
4. Sift flour into a bowl. Add the salt, lemon juice and egg yolks.
5. Beat until you get a homogeneous paste.
6. Dump the pan preparation into the bowl. Mix until you get a single dough.
7. Beat the egg whites together with the yeast. As you begin to assemble, gradually add icing sugar. Stop when you get a dense texture.
8. Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
9. Line a mold with baking paper and paint with butter.
10. Pour the meringue into the rest of the dough and integrate with extreme care and enveloping movements so that it does not fall.
11. Dump everything into the mold.
12. Heat water in a saucepan and place an empty dish in the oven.
13. Cover the outside of the mold with aluminum foil, from the base to half its height.
14. Empty the pan of water into the fountain and place the mold in the middle to make a bain-marie.
15. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes at 160 degrees.
16. Remove from the oven and cover with a layer of icing sugar when cool.