HOMEMADE YOGURT CAKE 😋
125 gr of plain yogurt
260 grams of sugar
225 gr of wheat flour
130 g of sunflower oil
4 units of eggs
15 grams of chemical yeast (baking powder)
- We start the recipe by cracking the eggs and pouring their contents into a bowl. We also add the two measures of granulated sugar. With the help of a hand mixer, we beat both ingredients until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the yogurt and beat again so that it is incorporated into the mixture. In another bowl, we mix the three measures of flour with the chemical yeast.
- Add the mixture to the other bowl, passing it through a strainer to sift it. Finally, we pour the measure of oil and mix very well so that it is distributed evenly throughout the dough. We put the oven to heat to 180º C.
- Grease a mold with a little butter and sprinkle it with flour. We give a few dry blows to the mold so that the excess flour comes off and we remove it. Pour the dough into the mold.
- We take to the oven. Bake at 180º C for 45 minutes or until the cake is cooked. To check the cooking point of the dough, we prick it with a toothpick, or a needle; if no remains are observed when removing it, our cake is ready, otherwise, we prolong the baking for a few more minutes.
- Remove the mold from the oven and let the cake cool on a metal rack before unmolding it. Once cold, we unmold and serve.