VANILLA FLAN 😋
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup of water
1 can of condensed milk
1 can of evaporated milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the water and sugar in a saucepan and heat over moderate heat until the sugar melts and turns a golden color.
- Pour the caramel into the bottom of the flan pan.
- In a container, beat the eggs and add the evaporated milk, condensed milk and vanilla.
- Pour this mixture over the caramel.
- Cook in a “bain-marie” for 45 minutes.
- To see if it’s ready, insert a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, you can remove it from the oven.
- Let it cool outside the fridge for at least an hour.
- Place it in the fridge for an additional two to three hours.
- Turn onto a tray when cool.