YOGURT AND LEMON CAKE 😋
1 plain yogurt
1 container of olive oil yogurt (or sunflower)
2 containers of sugar yogurt
3 containers of all-purpose flour yogurt
The zest and juice of one lemon
2 teaspoons chemical yeast or baking powder
- First we prepare the ingredients. Pour the yogurt into a separate bowl, clean and dry the container. It is easier to measure the solids first and the oil last so that nothing will stick to us. As a detail, the measurement is the volume of the yogurt, therefore it is not necessary to fill the glass to the top, but rather, more or less, the volume that the yogurt occupied. We preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- We beat the sugar with the lemon zest until we see that the sugar takes on a yellow color. In this way we are releasing the essential oils from the lemon skin and we will have a more aromatic cake with a beautiful color.
- Add the eggs and beat them with the sugar until quite foamy, 2-3 minutes.
- Then we add the yogurt and lemon juice. Mix until integrated and have a homogeneous mass
- The next step is to add the flour and yeast. You can add it as is or, better, sifting the mixture to avoid lumps.
- The last step will be to add the oil and mix again. You don’t have to beat too much, just that the dough is homogeneous. We have the dough ready!
- Transfer the dough to a mold lined with parchment paper or greased with butter and sprinkled with flour so that it later unmolds better. In my case the mold is 18cm in diameter
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 180ºC, or until we see that the tip of a knife comes out clean when poked in the center of the cake. Unmold and let cool.