SPONGY CHOCOLATE CAKE 😋
170 grams of sugar
250 grams of milk
80 g of sunflower oil
180 grams of flour
70 gr of cocoa powder
8 gr of chemical yeast, Royal type
1 pinch of salt
- Heat the oven to 170ºC, with heat up and down.
- In a large bowl, break the eggs together with the sugar and beat them with a whisk until you get a frothy mixture, which is slightly whitish and has increased in volume. Some electric rods at medium-high speed will make your job much easier.
- Then, add the sunflower oil in a trickle, that is, little by little, while you continue beating until it is fully integrated.
- Then add the milk, also little by little, and beat until you get a homogeneous mass.
- In another bowl, mix the remaining solid ingredients, that is, flour, cocoa, yeast and salt.
- Now, gradually add these ingredients to the previous mass, by tablespoons, while you beat with the rod but now at low speed. Do it until you get a homogeneous mass, without lumps.
- Grease a cake pan with butter very well on all sides, then use a strainer to sprinkle a thin layer of flour over the butter. Stir the flour very well so that it is distributed throughout the mold, and then turn the mold upside down and tap it a few times to remove the excess. By doing this it will be very easy to unmold your cake once it is ready. In the article “How to unmold a cake well” you can see this technique step by step.
- Pour the dough into the mold, distributing it very well everywhere, and give the mold a few (soft) blows on the counter so that it balances well.
- Bake the cake for 50 minutes at 170ºC, heat up and down. After that time, prick it with a skewer to see if it is fully cooked. If it comes out dry, it’s perfect.
- Once ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool on a rack for 10 or 15 minutes before unmolding it.
- After that time, take it out of the mold carefully and leave it on the wire rack again to cool completely.
- At the moment of serving it, sprinkle it with icing sugar with a strainer.