SOFT AND SPONGY CAKE 😋
5 egg yolks
50ml cooking oil
Pinch of salt
5 egg whites
80g of flour
80g of sugar
5g vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk and oil until bubbles appear.
- Pour the warm mixture into a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the flour and a pinch of salt, and stir to combine.
- Add the egg yolks and vanilla extract, and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with sugar until a smooth meringue forms.
- Stir 2-3 tablespoons of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture and pour the egg yolk mixture into the bowl with meringue.
- Stir carefully from bottom to top until smooth.
- Line a square baking dish with parchment paper, leaving an additional 5cm of paper from all sides. Pour the dough into the mold.
- Place the cake pan on a large baking sheet and fill the pan with hot water.
- Bake at 300°F/150°C for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 260°F/130°C and continue baking for another 30 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!