Homemade lasagna is a classic Italian dish that’s beloved for its layers of rich, savory flavors. It typically consists of wide sheets of pasta, alternating with a hearty meat or vegetable sauce, creamy béchamel, and generous amounts of cheese. The lasagna is baked to perfection, resulting in a mouthwatering, bubbling casserole that’s perfect for sharing with family and friends.
1 chopped onion
½ chopped pepper
2 carrots chopped
5 tablespoons olive oil
750 grams minced beef and pork
400 grams crushed tomatoes from a jar
12 lasagna pasta plates
50 grams grated cheese
400 ml bechamel
ground black pepper
1. We chop or chop all the vegetables to our liking, depending on whether we like larger or smaller pieces.
2. Heat 5 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. When it has reached temperature, add the onion, pepper and carrot. We continue cooking until they are poached. To prevent them from drying out, we can put a lid on them or add a splash of water.
3. Once the vegetables are poached, we add the minced meat, breaking it up with the help of a wooden spoon or spatula. Then we stir well so that the meat cooks together with the vegetables. If the meat releases water, we will cook until it evaporates.
4. Add the crushed tomato, a teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of pepper and a teaspoon of oregano. We mix everything and cook until the tomato has reduced.
5. Adjust the salt and pepper, and reserve the lasagna filling.
Preparation and assembly of lasagna pasta:
6. This step will depend on the pasta we are going to use, we must follow the steps on the package of lasagna pasta sheets. We have heated water and, once hot, we have removed it from the heat and soaked the pasta for 10 minutes.
7. We put the plates on a cloth napkin or a piece of kitchen paper to dry them. We grease the base of a baking dish the size of 3 pasta plates with olive oil and place a layer of pasta on it.
8. Then we put a layer of the filling and another layer of pasta, we repeat two more times until we have 4 layers of pasta with 3 layers of filling interspersed.
9. Once the lasagna is assembled, we cover it with the bechamel and on top of it a layer of grated cheese to our liking.
10. Bake for 10 minutes at 180º and then 10 more minutes with the grill until the cheese is grilled to our liking.