Fried meat empanadas
Fried meat empanadas are a delicious dish of popular cuisine in many places in Latin America. Stuffed with flavorful seasoned meat and wrapped in crispy dough, they are an appetizer or meal traditionally enjoyed at family gatherings and holiday events. Their combination of textures and flavors makes them a favorite that delights comfort food lovers.
For the mass:
• 2 cups (250 g) of wheat flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) warm water
For the filling:
• 300 g of ground beef
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 1 red pepper, finely chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Vegetable oil for frying
Before making fried meat empanadas, make sure you have all the ingredients ready and the dough well refrigerated. Heat the oil to the right temperature to achieve crispy frying, and remember to seal the edges well to prevent them from opening during cooking.
6. When the oil is hot (around 180°C), carefully add the empanadas and fry until golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes per side.
7. Remove the empanadas with a slotted spoon and place them on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
Ready! Now you can enjoy your delicious fried meat empanadas. Remember that quantities and times are approximate, so feel free to adjust them according to your preferences. Enjoy!