Roasted chicken Crispy tender and juicy
Roasted chicken is a delicious and popular dish in many cultures. It is prepared by seasoning the chicken with spices and then cooking it in the oven or on the grill until the skin is crispy and the meat is tender and juicy. It is a versatile option that can be enjoyed with a variety of accompaniments.
• 1 whole chicken (approximately 1.5-2 kg)
• 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
• 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 lemon, cut into slices
• 1 onion, sliced
• 2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
• 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
• Salt and pepper to taste
Be sure to season the chicken with your favorite spices and preheat the oven to the right temperature for delicious, well-cooked roast chicken.
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C.
2. Wash and dry the chicken with kitchen paper. Be sure to remove any excess moisture from the skin of the chicken so that it browns nicely.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, minced garlic, rosemary, and thyme. You can also add a little lemon zest if you wish.
4. Rub the chicken with this flavored olive oil mixture inside and out. Make sure to rub the mixture well into the skin of the chicken.
5. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste, both inside and out.
6. Place the lemon slices, onion, and a few sprigs of rosemary and thyme in the cavity of the chicken.
7. Tie the chicken legs with kitchen twine to hold their shape and help them cook evenly.
8. Place the chicken on a baking sheet or baking dish.
9. Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for about 1.5 to 2 hours, or until the skin is golden and crispy and the juices run clear when inserting a thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh (the internal temperature should be at least 75°C).
10. When the chicken is ready, take it out of the oven and let it rest for about 10-15 minutes before slicing.
11. Serve the roasted chicken with the roasted lemon and onion slices as a garnish.
Enjoy your delicious homemade roast chicken! You can accompany it with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables or salad.