Homer Simpson style donuts
Homer Simpson style donuts are iconic for their round shape and pink icing. These sugary delights are a reference to the series “The Simpsons” and have become a symbol of pop culture, appreciated for their simplicity and sweet taste. Mmm… donuts!
For the donuts:
• 2 1/2 cups of wheat flour
• 1/2 cup of sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup of milk
• 4 tablespoons melted butter
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the glaze:
• 1 cup of icing sugar (impalpable sugar)
• 2-3 tablespoons of water
• Food coloring (optional)
• Colored sparkles (optional)
Prepare your ingredients and follow the recipe to enjoy delicious Homer Simpson-style donuts at home!
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and then add the milk, melted butter and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and stir until all the ingredients are combined and you have a smooth dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until it is smooth and pliable.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin until it is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a donut cutter or glass to cut out circles of dough and a smaller cutter or lid to make holes in the center of each circle, forming donuts.
- Heat oil in a frying pan to 180°C (350°F). Fry the donuts in the hot oil until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Drain them on kitchen paper.
- While the donuts are still hot, dip them into the prepared glaze. To make the glaze, mix the icing sugar with enough water (and coloring if desired) to make a thick glaze.
- If desired, decorate the donuts with sprinkles or any other decorations of your choice while the glaze is still wet.
- Allow the donuts to cool and the glaze to harden before enjoying them. Ready! Now you have some delicious Homer Simpson style donuts to enjoy at home. I hope you like them!