HOMEMADE CROISSANTS 😋
For the mass:
400ml warm milk
100g of sugar
7g dry yeast
15ml of oil
Pinch of salt
10g vanilla sugar
600g of flour
100g melted butter
- In a bowl, combine warm milk, sugar, and instant yeast. Beat well and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the oil, add the egg and vanilla sugar, and beat to combine.
- Add the flour and salt, and start mixing the dough with a spatula. Then continue to knead it with your hands until it comes together.
- Add butter and continue to knead until you get an elastic dough.
- Cover and let rest for 1 hour.
- Divide the obtained dough into 10-12 pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll each ball into a long oval shape. Fold the oval in half lengthwise and roll it up to receive a croissant. Continue with the remaining dough.
- Place the croissants on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover and let rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/360°F. Brush the buns with milk and bake for 25 minutes.
- When done, brush each croissant with butter and enjoy!