Roasted milk is a traditional Latin American dessert, prepared by baking milk, sugar and eggs. It caramelizes on the surface during cooking, creating a delicious, golden coating. Its soft texture and sweet flavor make it a popular option in the region’s cuisine.
• 1 liter of milk
• 1 cup of sugar
• 4 eggs
• 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
• Cinnamon powder (optional, to sprinkle)
Before preparing roast milk, make sure to mix the ingredients well to achieve a smooth texture and avoid baking it at high temperatures for a creamy and delicious result. Enjoy!
• Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
• In a saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat until lukewarm. Don’t let it boil.
• In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then add the sugar, continuing to beat until the mixture is smooth.
• Add the vanilla essence to the egg and sugar mixture. Mix well.
• Pour the warm milk over the egg and sugar mixture, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from cooking. The idea is to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
• Strain the mixture to eliminate any lumps and then pour it into a baking mold previously caramelized with melted sugar.
• Place the mold in a larger baking dish and add hot water to the pan until it reaches approximately half the height of the mold. This bain-marie cooking method helps the roasted milk cook evenly.
• Place in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the roasted milk is firm and has turned golden brown on the surface.
• Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature before refrigerating.
• Once cool, refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until very cold.
• You can sprinkle cinnamon powder over the roasted milk before serving, if you wish.
Ready! Now you can enjoy this delicious dessert. I hope you like it!