ITALIAN PANDORO 😋
For the preference:
65 gr of flour of force
33ml warm water
16 gr of fresh yeast
For the first dough:
Preferment prepared previously
120 gr of flour
30 grams of sugar
65 gr of egg
For the second dough:
The first pre-made dough
250 gr of flour of force
10 gr of powdered milk
130 grams of sugar
14 grams of honey
185 gr of ointment texture butter
160 gr of egg
1 egg yolk Vanilla essence to taste
The zest of a lemon or orange Sugar luster
- Start by preparing the preferment. To do this, dissolve the yeast in the warm water and add the flour little by little. Shape into a ball and reserve in a larger container covered with a cloth.
- Let it rest at room temperature until doubled in volume for about 90 minutes.
- After that time, make the first dough. To do this, in an electric mixer mix the preferment together with the rest of the ingredients with the hook tool.
- Knead for a few minutes until a smooth and firm dough is formed, which detaches itself from the walls of the bowl.
- Remove dough from mixer and continue to knead by hand on a floured surface. Shape into a ball and reserve in a larger container covered with a cloth for about 90 minutes.
- To make the third mass, return to the electric mixer. Incorporate the second mass and add the flour, sugar, honey, egg yolk and the aromas of citrus and vanilla. Knead with the hook for about a minute.
- Subsequently, add the eggs and continue kneading until a smooth and firm dough is formed, which detaches itself from the walls of the bowl.
- Finally add the butter cut into small cubes. Keep kneading until it completely detaches from the sides of the bowl.
- Meanwhile, prepare a mold to bake the bread; the traditional ones are usually in the shape of a prism. Grease its entire surface with spray or butter to prevent it from sticking.
- Once the dough is ready, take it out of the mixer and knead it for a few seconds by hand to form a ball.
- Place this ball inside the mold and let it rest for 2-3 hours covered with a cloth to ferment.
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC and cook your Pandoro for about 60 minutes.
- When it is cooked, let it cool for a couple of hours, and then remove it from the mold