200g dark chocolate, chopped finely
150g caramel filled mini eggs, chopped
150g caramel filled mini eggs
250g packet plain chocolate biscuits
150g butter, melted
½ cup pouring cream
3 teaspoons gelatine
375g packaged cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup caster sugar
300ml thickened cream
- Grease and line base of 24cm round spring-form tin with baking paper. Process biscuits until finely crushed. Add butter, process until well combined. Press biscuit mixture evenly over base and sides of prepared tin. Cover, refrigerate 1 hour.
- Combine the dark chocolate and pouring cream in small heatproof bowl. Stir over pan of simmering water until mixture is smooth. Cool.
- Sprinkle gelatine into ¼ cup of water in a cup. Stand cup in a pan of simmering water, stir until gelatine is dissolved; cool.
- Beat cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Beat cream in a separate small bowl until soft peaks form.
- Stir gelatine mixture into cheese mixture. Add chopped caramel eggs. Fold in cream. Pour in half the dark chocolate mixture and fold to swirl. Pour mixture into tin. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Pour remaining dark chocolate mixture over cheesecake. Smooth to cover. Refrigerate until set.
- Decorate cheesecake with extra caramel eggs and serve.