SOFT AND FLOODY CAKE
The soft and spongy cake is a delicious dessert that is characterized by its spongy texture and sweet flavor. To prepare it, basic ingredients such as flour, sugar, eggs and yeast are mixed. The key to achieving its softness and sponginess lies in beating the eggs well with the sugar until obtaining a light and foamy mixture, before incorporating the sifted flour and yeast.
5 egg yolks
50 ml cooking oil
80 ml milk
Pinch of salt
5 egg whites
5g vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F.
- In a pot, heat the milk and oil until bubbles appear.
- Pour the warm mixture into a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the flour and a pinch of salt, and stir to combine.
- Add the egg yolks and vanilla extract, and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with sugar until a soft meringue forms.
- Stir 2-3 tablespoons of egg whites into the egg yolk mixture and pour the egg yolk mixture into the bowl with meringue.
- Stir carefully from bottom to top until smooth.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an additional 5cm of paper from all sides. Pour the dough into the mold.
- Place the cake pan on a large baking sheet and fill the pan with hot water.
- Bake at 150°C/300°F for 30 minutes, then reduce the heat to 130°C/260°F and continue baking for a further 30 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!