CREAM CHEESE FLAN
Cream cheese flan is a delectable dessert that combines the creamy richness of cream cheese with the silky smoothness of traditional flan. This dessert is a delightful fusion of two culinary worlds, resulting in a dessert that’s both velvety and slightly tangy. To make cream cheese flan, you typically start by preparing a caramel sauce to line the bottom of a mold.
10 egg yolks
250g condensed milk
300g cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 egg whites
- Add the sugar to the pan and caramelize it until it turns dark amber. Transfer it to the mold (20cm mold size) and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the egg yolks and beat until incorporated. Add the milk, vanilla extract, condensed milk and mix slowly until everything is well combined.
- In another bowl we add the cream cheese and mix with the mixer. Add the sugar, salt and egg whites gradually and mix everything well.
- Mix the flan and cheese mixture and sift it over the mold previously prepared with the melted sugar. Add hot water to the pan and transfer the mold to it.
- Bake for 2 hours at 155°C/311°F. After the cheesecake has cooled, transfer it to the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- After the time has elapsed, cut it into slices and serve.