Homemade marshmallows are fluffy treats that you can make with gelatin, sugar, and hot water. The mixture is whipped until fluffy, then poured into molds and left to cool. They are a delicious and fun option to make at home and enjoy on various occasions.
• 3 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin
• 1/2 cup of cold water
• 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
• 1 cup corn syrup
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• Icing sugar (powdered sugar)
Preparing homemade marshmallows is a sweet adventure! Gather your ingredients and utensils, and get ready to create clouds of delicious pleasure.
- Flip the marshmallow mold onto the surface and remove the solidified marshmallows.
- Using a greased knife, cut the marshmallows into squares or desired shapes. Be sure to re-oil the knife as necessary to prevent sticking. Finish:
- Once the marshmallows are cut, you can roll them in more icing sugar to prevent them from sticking together. Ready! Now you have delicious and soft homemade marshmallows. You can enjoy them as is or use them in recipes that call for marshmallows.