DULCE DE LECHE CAKE
For the cake:
1kg. flour with leavening agent.
1kg. of sugar.
500 gr. of margarine.
1 liter of milk.
10 drops of cream essence.
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
Zest of one lemon.
1 can of condensed milk or arequipe (dulce de leche)
1) Beat margarine, eggs, lemon zest and sugar in a bowl until creamy.
2) Add the essence of cream and vanilla.
Incorporate the flour and milk in an enveloping way with a wooden spoon.
3) In a previously floured and buttered mold, pour the mixture and bake at 250°C for 45 minutes or until it is ready according to the stick test.
1) Place the can of condensed milk in a water bath for 2 hours. When cool open very carefully.
2) Cut the cake horizontally with a nylon thread on the floors you want.
3) Fill each floor and when assembling the cake, finish covering it on the outside with the arequipe (dulce de leche).
4) You can also remember with a pastry bag.