HOMEMADE CUPCAKES 😋
3 units of egg
200 grams of wheat flour
190 grams of sunflower oil
180 grams of sugar
50 grams of milk
1 unit of lemon
7 grams of chemical yeast (baking powder)
1 small tablespoon of ground cinnamon
a pinch of salt
- Put the flour, chemical yeast, cinnamon powder and the grated skin of a lemon in a bowl. If we wish, we can replace the lemon peel with orange peel. With the help of a spoon, we mix all the ingredients so that they are distributed evenly.
- In another bowl, we put the 3 eggs and beat them until obtaining a frothy mixture. If you have an electric whisk, use it, because the result will be a dough full of air. If you do not have this small appliance at hand, you can beat the eggs with a manual whisk. The process will thus be more laborious but the result will be equally satisfactory.
- Once we have beaten the eggs, we add the sugar little by little while we continue beating so that it is perfectly incorporated. Next, we pour the milk into the bowl. We keep beating. Let’s pour the oil little by little while we continue to work the mixture with the rod. Once the liquids are incorporated, add a pinch of salt and beat so that it is distributed throughout the dough.
- Finally, little by little, we add the flour that we have in the other bowl, without stopping beating at any time. We will pay special care so that we do not have lumps of flour in the dough. Once we have our dough ready, we cover the bowl with plastic and put it in the fridge where we leave it for at least an hour. After the resting time, we put the oven to heat to 210ºC.
- We take the bowl out of the fridge and prepare to distribute its contents among the paper capsules. Before doing so, we must put the capsules inside metal molds so that the muffins maintain their shape and do not spread in the oven. Fill the molds about 3/4 full.
- Once the dough has been distributed, sprinkle the surface of the dough with a little granulated sugar. In this way, we will create a delicious crust that is typical of muffins.
- Once the oven has reached the programmed temperature, we insert the metal molds and bake at 210ºC for 15 minutes or until the inside of the muffins is cooked. To check the cooking point we introduce a toothpick into the dough; If when removing it, it shows adhered dough remains, we prolong the cooking for a few more minutes.
- After removing them from the oven, we leave them in the metal molds for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, we remove the cupcakes from the metal molds and put them to cool on a metal rack. Once cold, they are ready to eat.