FLAT BREAD IN SARTEN 😋
2 cups (300 gr of plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3-1/2 tablespoons (50 g) butter or margarine
3/4 cups of milk (185 ml)
1/2 tablespoon of peanut or sunflower oil to cook the breads
- Mix butter and milk in a bowl. Microwave on low power so the butter just melts. You don’t have to heat much.
- In a bowl, mix the flour and the milk-butter mixture to form a dough. Turn onto a floured counter and knead for a few minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. It doesn’t need a lot of kneading. Add a little more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Form a ball and wrap in kitchen film. Let stand 30 minutes on the kitchen counter.
- After this rest time, flour the counter again and cut the dough into 4 portions. Form 4 balls and go forming circles the size of the pan you are going to use.
- Heat a little oil in the pan, medium heat. Place one of the breads and cook for 2 minutes, it may bubble.
- Flip the bread over and cook another 2 minutes on the other side. Press down with the slider in case it inflates a lot. Small brown spots should appear on both sides of the bread.
- Go stacking the bread on a plate and covering with a kitchen towel. As an extra thing you can brush each bread with melted butter with crushed garlic