Classic Chocolate Brigadeiros
Ingredients (30 g.)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter (395 g.)
1 can of condensed milk (40 g.)
¼ cup of cocoa powder a pinch of salt
Colored or chocolate chips to taste
More butter for greasing
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Pour the condensed milk and stir.
- Add cocoa powder, salt and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. It is important to stir all the time, otherwise it will burn. One way to know that it is ready is to pass the wooden spoon (or spatula) in the middle of the mixture. If the mixture takes a while to integrate from one side to the other, your brigadeiros are ready.
- Place the mixture on a buttered plate and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Once the mixture is cold, grease your hands with butter and roll the brigadeiros into small balls (there should be 16 in total). Usually it is half a tablespoon as a measure to prepare the ball, but you can make your balls as small or large as you want.
- Coat the brigadeiro in the sprinkles and place in paper/aluminum candy cups.
- Serve and enjoy.