NAPOLITAN PASTRY CAKE 😋
Ingredients For the mass:
300 gr. Of flour
100 gr. of sugar
1 large egg The grated peel of 1/2 lemon a pinch of salt
100 gr. of lard
For the filling:
200 gr. of sugar
300 gr. of cooked wheat grains (see note)
2 large eggs
50 gr. chopped candied fruit (orange and lemon)
1 sachet of vanilla A little cinnamon powder
1 tablespoon extract of a thousand flowers or orange blossoms
1 tablespoon of lard
250 gr. sheep ricotta cheese 20 gr. icing sugar
1 glass of milk
- For the first thing, we take the cooked wheat and pour it into a pot together with the glass of milk and a spoon of sugar.
- We cook over low heat and always mixing until we get a cream. Add a tablespoon of lard and mix. Cool everything. We make the dough:
- We take the classic wooden table to knead and pour the flour, the 100 grams of sugar and the salt.
- We make a volcano and inside we pour the large egg, the grated lemon peel and the 100 grams of lard in pieces. We knead very well, until obtaining a homogeneous mass and we keep it for 15 minutes. We make the filling:
- Now we take a large salad bowl and pour the eggs, the vanilla envelope and the 200 grams of sugar. Beat very well with an electric mixer until you get a cream.
- Gradually add the cooked wheat and ricotta cheese, and continue with the electric mixer.
- Finally, pour the chopped candied fruit, a little cinnamon and a spoonful of extract of a thousand flowers or orange blossoms. Mix very well and save. Present and bake the cake
- We take a cake mold of 18 cm in diameter, and spread it very well with the lard.
- Take 3/4 of the dough and cover the mold, flattening it with your hands until you get a 5 cm high edge.
- Pour the mixture of ricotta and wheat and, with what is left of the dough, make the garnish for the cake, in this case the classic strips… Ready to bake.
- Heat the oven to 200ºC, put the cake in and cook it for 5 minutes. Then continue for another 10 minutes at 180ºC and finally 35 minutes at 160ºC… The cake is ready when it is golden brown.
- Store it in the oven for two days, then carefully remove it from the mold so as not to break it and garnish with icing sugar.