100ml of lukewarm water 100g of flour
18g of sugar
10g fresh yeast
500g of flour
100g of sugar
70g melted butter
1/2 cup of warm milk
1 egg white butter at room temperature
- Dissolve the sugar and crumbled yeast in lukewarm water. Add the flour and stir to form a sticky dough. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Beat the sugar, with butter, egg and an egg white. Add yeast paste and leftover flour. Knead until a soft dough is formed.
- Set the dough aside for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough to form a rectangle. Cut it into 5-6 strips and brush each one with room temperature butter.
- Lay strips of layers on top of each other and re-roll into a rectangle again.
- Cut into triangles and roll up croissants as shown in the video. Set aside in heat for at least 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Brush with egg wash and bake at 180C / 350F for 20 minutes.