• 1/2-pound large shells pasta
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1 yellow onion (diced)
• 4 cloves garlic (minced)
• 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 3/4 cup water
• 1 cup jarred salsa
• 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
• Salt to taste
• Pepper to taste
• Crushed tortilla chips
• Sour cream
• Chopped parsley
1. Cook the pasta according box directions, drain and set aside.
2. In the meantime, place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. Once it starts sizzling add the ground beef and brown well, breaking it with a spoon until no longer pink.
3. Drain the fat.
4. Add the onion and garlic, stir and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the taco seasoning, dried oregano, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Add 3/4 cup of water, stir and cook until water is gone.
6. Add the pasta to the pan. Add the salsa and cheese. Stir to combine.
7. Serve immediately, preferably with crunchy tortilla chips, sour cream and more cheese on top.