✅1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
✅1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
✅50g chocolate, chopped
*Optional: extra walnuts and chocolate for decoration
✅1/4 cup brown sugar
✅1/2 cup white sugar
✅1 tsp vanilla extract
✅2 medium ripe bananas
✅1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1. In a large bowl, add the brown sugar & white sugar
2. Blend the bananas, coconut oil and vanilla extract until a smooth purée forms. Pour this into the sugar mixture & stir until until the sugars have dissolved.
3. Add the flour into the wet mixture and use a spatula to fold everything together until no dry flour remain.Stir the walnuts & chocolate chunks
4. Put the dough in the fridge for 30 mins to firm up! (Do not skip this step)
5. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/360 degrees F fanforced. Line a baking tray a with non-stick paper
6. After the dough has chilled for 30 mins, scoop spoonfuls into tall round dome cookie shapes. Spread on the baking tray, leaving at least 2cm between each cookie. *Optional: add extra walnuts & choc chunks on top
7. Bake in the oven for 12-14 mins until the outside is golden. Remove and allow the cookies to cool. They will be very soft & firm up a bit as they cool.
Storage tips: in an airtight container at room temp for 2 days or in the fridge for 1 week.
This cookie is has been tried & tested with many of my work friends and it’s a winner! Let me know if you guys try it