Carrot cake with chocolate coating
Carrot cake with chocolate coating is a delicious combination of flavors and textures. The softness and sweetness of the carrot is perfectly complemented by the rich flavor of chocolate, creating an irresistible dessert for sweet lovers. Its moisture and contrast of flavors make it a popular choice in baking.
For the cake:
• 2 cups grated carrots (about 3-4 medium carrots)
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 3 eggs
• 2 cups of wheat flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
• 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
For the chocolate coating:
• 1/2 cup semisweet or dark chocolate (chopped or chips)
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1/4 cup of heavy cream (liquid cream)
• 1/2 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
Be sure to grate the carrots finely for a smooth texture and use good quality chocolate for the topping for a delicious result. Enjoy your cake!
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease and flour a cake pan about 22-23 centimeters in diameter.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the grated carrots, sugar and oil. Next, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg (if using).
4. Add the dry ingredients to the carrot mixture and stir until well combined. If you wish, add the chopped walnuts and mix.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. While the cake cools in the mold for a few minutes, prepare the chocolate coating. In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Then, remove from heat and add the heavy cream and sifted icing sugar, and vanilla extract (if you are using it). Mix until the coverage is smooth.
7. Unmold the cake and place it on a serving plate. Pour the chocolate coating over the cake while it is still warm.
8. Let the topping cool and harden before cutting and serving. Enjoy your delicious carrot cake with chocolate coverage!
This cake is perfect to enjoy on any occasion and combines the sweetness of carrot with the rich flavor of chocolate. I hope you like it!