CHOCOLATE SWISS ROLL
A Chocolate Swiss Roll is a delightful dessert that consists of a light, spongey chocolate cake rolled around a sweet and creamy filling, typically made of chocolate or vanilla-flavored whipped cream.
1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
40g of flour
20g of bitter cocoa powder
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tablespoon of fine salt
For the filling (German buttercream)
500 ml of milk
120 gr sugar
40 gr corn starch
Vanilla to taste
70 gr cocoa powder
100 gr of egg yolk
660 grams of butter
1. To begin, we beat the eggs with the sugar and honey until we achieve a letter point.
2. Then we add the salt and the essence of vanilla.
3. Sift the flour and cocoa and add to the smoothie, inside the mixer running at low speed.
4. Next, we place the dough on a 50 by 30 cm plate.
5. It must be papered and greased neatly and reserved in the refrigerator.
6. We take to the oven at a temperature of 190-200 ° C for 8 to 10 minutes and remove.
7. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and turn the pionon over to another new parchment paper.
8. Remove the paper that was in the oven.
9. It must be rolled up and then put a film that covers the entire pionono in its entirety.
10. Finally take to the fridge.
11. In the event that we bake several piononos, it is ideal to stack them so that they maintain humidity.
12. After filling them, the rolls are kept rolled and wrapped in cold plastic film, while the piononos are kept flat,
For the filling:
1. This buttercream is a little different.
2. In the mixer and with the flat attachment, soften the butter a little so that it takes on a smooth texture. Here the cocoa can be added or it can be added at the end of the custard, when it comes out of the pot.
When the pastry cream is relatively cool and settled, add to the butter and incorporate completely.
For the assembly:
Unmold and remove the parchment paper from the cake.
on that same side, put the filling and distribute it evenly throughout the cake. if desired, pieces of toasted walnuts can be added for a fine coquettish detail.
roll up completely, starting with the edge that is facing in.
remove the ends for a better finish.
decorate with rosettes on top and chocolate decorations.