SWEET POTATO BUDON
Potato budon cake is a Japanese sweet cake made with mashed potatoes, milk, sugar, and eggs. It is often flavored with vanilla or almond extract. The cake is moist and fluffy, with a slightly sweet and savory flavor. It is often served with whipped cream or ice cream.
3 yellow sweet potatoes
3 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of whiskey
100 gr of rice flour
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoons of ginger powder
1. In a pot place the sweet potatoes and cover them with water
2. We will cook them for about twenty five minutes to soften them, this will depend on the intensity of the fire.
3. Once the time elapses and the sweet potatoes are soft, remove them and let them dry.
4. Then blend them to obtain a very smooth sweet potato paste or puree, here you will already notice the sweet potato aroma.
5. On the other hand, in a bowl we will begin to add the cream, the rice flour and the butter that we will use together with the sweet potato paste.
6. Mix very well and add the whiskey along with the lemon zest and juice.
7. Now we will add the nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger to the mixture itself.
8. We will mix and season it with the salt that we have on hand.
9. We can place it in some molds, baking them is optional, it only takes fifteen minutes to do so.