CAKE WITH CREAMY FILLING 😋
For the filling:
750g ricotta cheese
150g of sugar
120g of chocolate chips
60g candied orange
10g of dry biscuits
For the shortcrust pastry:
2 medium eggs
300 g flour
100g of sugar
80g sunflower seed oil
8g vanilla baking powder
- Make the filling by mixing together ricotta cheese and sugar, then add candied orange and chocolate chips.
- Let cool in the fridge.
- Now make the shortcrust dough by mixing baking powder and flour.
- Then beat the eggs and sugar, add oil and vanilla too.
- Lastly, add the powders all at once and mix with a spatula.
- When the flour is completely absorbed, knead until you get a soft and smooth dough.
- Place the dough in a bowl and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide shortcrust dough in half and roll out half on a floured work surface with a rolling pin.
- Place the dough in a buttered pan with some parchment paper on the bottom.
- Poke a few holes with a fork, then make a thin layer of crumbled cookies.
- Now fill up with the ricotta cream cheese you made earlier and sprinkle with some more biscuits.
- Lastly, top with more shortcrust pastry, sealing the edges, and poke a few holes in the top.
- Bake in a ventilated oven preheated to 175 degrees for about 50 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving and decorate with powdered sugar.