– 2 servings of dried pasta of choice (I used wholewheat penne)
– 1/2 medium/large onion, diced
– 1 clove garlic, minced or 1tsp garlic granules
– a few closed cup mushrooms, sliced
– 1/2 a 400g can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
– 1/2 can coconut milk
– 1/2 tsp ground cumin
– 2 tsp medium curry powder
– a handful fresh organic spinach
– juice of 1/2 a lime
– salt & pepper to taste!
1. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, then also add the red kidney beans to the same pan as the pasta to cook together until al dante.
2. Meanwhile, sauté the onion, garlic & mushrooms in a frying pan with a little water/oil for 5-10 mins until the mushrooms are soft.
3. Turn the heat down to low, then add in the cumin & curry powder. Stir for 1 min until fragrant.
4. Pour in the canned coconut milk & squeeze of 1/2 a lime.
5. One the pasta is cooked, drain the pasta and kidney beans from the pan through a colander, then stir them into the pan with the curry.
6. Bring the heat up to a medium setting, add a handful of spinach and stir frequently for 5 mins until the spinach has wilted.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Serve once piping hot and enjoy!