✅ 3 tablespoons vegan butter
✅ 1 cup non-dairy milk
✅ 1 packet instant yeast (7g)
✅ 1 tablespoon brown sugar
✅ 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
✅ 1/4 teaspoon salt
✅ 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
✅ 1/4 cup brown sugar
✅ 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Optional: sprinkle of brown sugar
✅ 3/4 cup icing sugar + 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
1. Heat up the butter & until the butter is melted. Let the mixture cool down until it’s just warm and then sprinkle in the yeast. Stir in the sugar & salt, set aside for 10 mins to let the yeast activate
2. Stir in 1/2 cup of flour at a time until a thick dough forms. Transfer onto a lightly floured board & knead for one minute.
3. Grease your bowl with butter/oil and place the dough back in there. Cover the bowl with a towel & allow the dough to rest for 1 hour
4. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, fan-forced. Grease your baking tin with butter.
5. After an hour, turn the dough onto a lightly floured board, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle (~ 1cm thickness)
6. Make the filling by mixing the cinnamon & sugar. Brush the melted butter over the dough, sprinkle over the cinnamon + sugar mix.
7. Tightly roll up the dough into a cigar, then cut into 8 even portions. Arrange these evenly in your prepared tin/s
8. Bake in the oven for 20-22 mins until golden
9. In the meantime, whisk together the ingredients for the icing until smooth. Once the rolls come out the oven, drizzle the sauce over the top. Serve warm!
Do yourself a favour and treat yourself to