Cherry cheesecake is a delectable dessert that combines the creamy richness of cheesecake with the sweet and tart flavors of cherries. This delightful treat typically features a graham cracker crust as its base, providing a perfect contrast to the velvety cheesecake filling.
For the base
– 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers (you can use other sweet crackers if you prefer)
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup melted butter
For the filling*:
– 3 packages (8 oz or 227g each) cream cheese, softened
– 1 cup of sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3 eggs
– 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1 can (about 21 oz or 595g) cherry pie filling (or you can make your own cherry compote)
1. **Prepare the base**:
– Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
– In a bowl, mix the crushed cookies, sugar and melted butter until well combined.
– Press this mixture into the bottom of a removable cake pan. Booking.
2. **Prepare the filling**:
– In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until you obtain a smooth mixture without lumps.
– Add the eggs one by one, mixing well after each addition.
– Add the flour and sour cream, and mix until everything is well integrated.
– Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cookie base in the mold.
– Place the mold in the oven and bake for about 50-55 minutes or until the center is almost set.
– Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake cool in the oven with the door ajar for 1 hour.
– Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Then, refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or better yet, overnight.
4. **Topping with cherry**:
– Once the cheesecake is very cold and has set, spread the cherry pie filling on top.
Ready! Serve your Cherry Cheesecake and enjoy. You can adapt this recipe according to your preferences, adding more ingredients or adjusting the quantities.