JAPANESE CHEESE CAKE 😋
60 g pastry flour
6 egg whites
6 egg yolks
140g icing sugar
1 packet of yeast
250g cream cheese
100 ml of whole milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
a pinch of salt
- Put the butter in a pan over low heat.
- Slowly incorporate cream cheese and milk.
- Integrate without beating hard.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Add the salt, lemon juice and egg yolks.
- Beat until you get a homogeneous paste.
- Dump the pan preparation into the bowl. Mix until you get a single dough.
- Beat the egg whites together with the yeast. As you begin to assemble, gradually add icing sugar. Stop when you get a dense texture.
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
- Line a mold with baking paper and paint with butter.
- Pour the meringue into the rest of the dough and integrate with extreme care and enveloping movements so that it does not fall.
- Dump everything into the mold.
- Heat water in a saucepan and place an empty dish in the oven.
- Cover the outside of the mold with aluminum foil, from the base to half its height.
- Empty the pan of water into the fountain and place the mold in the middle to make a bain-marie.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes at 160 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and cover with a layer of icing sugar when cool.