200ml plant milk (i used almond)
2tbso apple cider vinegar
1/2tsp baking powder
100g coconut sugar
60ml oil (i used sunflower but vegetable work too)
tsp vanilla extract
60g dried figs, chopped (optional)
200g crea mcheese
40g icing sugar
4 figs, quartered
1. first combine milk and apple cider in a bowl/jug and leave for 5-10 minutes to curdle slightly.
2. in the meantime, measure out your dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, coconut sugar – and sift into a large mixing bowl.
3. add your wet ingredients into the bowl – milk mixture, oil, honey and vanilla extract – and mix together until just combined.
4. stir through the chopped dried figs.
5. transfer to a greased and lined cake tin and bake at 1160c fan for 40 minutes (or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. once completely cool, add your frosting.
7. mix cream cheese, icing sugar and honey together until smooth. spread onto the cake, top with fresh figs and drizzle with honey.