3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tbs molasses
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 12 oz bag of dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Cream together the butter, sugar, and molasses using a kitchen-aid with the paddle attachment. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and cream again until smooth.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt until fully combined.
3. Add about 1/2 of the dry ingredients into the kitchen-aid bowl and mix until almost all the dry lumps are gone. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until it forms a dough.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips but leave about 1/3 cup for topping. Use an ice cream scoop (about 1/3 heaped cup of dough) to roll them into balls and add a few choc chips on top.
5. Place the balls onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake at 375F for 10 minutes (5 cookies per tray).
Let the cookies cool for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. This recipe makes about 10-12 jumbo cookies. I hope you enjoy 🙂